Sheri here today with a a SWEET Mini Slimline card!
For my card I pulled out the Valentine Quokka stamp and coordinating die set along with a bunch of dies to create this card using my favorite Valentine color combo (Red, Pink & White).
Steps to Crate Card:
- Create Red Mini Slimline card base: 3 1/2″ x 6″ (3 1/2″ x 7″, scored at 3 1/2″ on the 7″ side).
- Cut two White Frames using the largest die in the Mini Slimline Tri-Frame die set.
- Cut Pink Panel slightly smaller than 3 1/2″ x 6″ and use to the Stitched Hearts Coverplate to add texture.
- Cut small Red Strip 3 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ to anchor your Quokka and sentiment. I them cut a angle at the top for a little interest.
- Cut Silver Glitter Card stock strip 3 1/4″ x 1/2″. You will add this to the very top of the Red Strip.
- Cut 3 Hearts in Red Felt from the Say It With Hearts die. To add a little support I cut of 3 additional Red Hearts from card stock and attached them with glue. I also cut out the smallest heart from the Layering Heart die set for the quokka to hold.
- Stamp Quokka from Valentine Quokka stamp set and color with your favorite coloring medium. I used Gina K. Designs Amalgam Obsidian ink as it is alcohol friendly and colored with Copic markers.
- Stamp Sentiment on a scrap of Black card stock and emboss your sentiment with White Embossing Powder. Then trim out with the smallest die from the Boxed Sentiment Strip die set.
- Assemble card. For the balloons attached the twine to the back of the heart for the strings.
- For embellishment I added a few 4mm Metallic Red Solid Heart Sequins. I also added a pink clay heart from the Hearts Sprinkle mix to the small heart the the Quokka is holding
I just LOVE the texture that the felt added to the card along with the stitched background!