Hi, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
Today, I’m sharing two cards I created using the new slimline dies. My card bases measure 8.5 x 3.5 inches. I cut my pieces of heavy weight card stock 8.5×7 and then scored at 3.5 on the 7 inch side.
My first card uses the largest Embossed Edged slimline die from the set. I die cut this with white card stock. I then used a stencil, a blender brush, and blue distress ink to create the clouds. The hills were created using a die from the Crafters Essentials Easter die set and the white cloud die cuts are from the He is Risen die set. I adhered these directly to my card using wet adhesive. I layered this panel on a piece of gray card stock leaving about a 1/16th edge and adhered it to my white card base.
I stamped and colored, using Copics, the sloth from the Stewart the Sloth stamp set. I then cut it out using my Silhouette machine. I stamped the sentiment “Hang in There” from the same stamp set in black on gray card stock that I had die cut using the Stitched Fishtail banner dies. I added these to the card using dimensional adhesive.
My second card uses the largest Stitched Scalloped slimline die from the set and a piece of pink polka dot patterned paper. I adhered this to a piece of dark gray card stock that is slightly larger and glued this panel to my light gray card base. From that same dark card stock, I die cut the congrats letters three times from the Condensed Lowercase Alphabet dies. I glued the layers together. This gives a little bit of dimension to the letters on the card. I adhered these to the card base and added a few sparkling clear droplets.
Thanks for stopping by and I can’t wait to see what everyone creates with these new dies.
– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– –
Here is a link to the Kat Scrappiness shop and direct links for products I used on today’s card are below.
– – – SUPPLIES for today’s project– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- Embossed Edge Slimline dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Stitched Scalloped Slimline dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Crafters Essentials Easter dies set by Kat Scrappiness
- He is Risen dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Stitched Fishtail Banner dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Stewart the Sloth stamp set by Kat Scrappiness
- Condensed Lowercase Alphabet dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Sparkling Clear Droplets by Kat Scrappiness