Happy Saturday crafty friends!!! Sammi here to show you a fun card for Valentine’s Day using the NEW Stitched Hearts Coverplate Die from the new Valentine’s Day release. If you have not checked out the new release, you are missing out! It is AMAZING! To make this card, here is what I did:
- I cut out the background using the Stitched Hearts Coverplate die on some watercolor paper. Then using some Distress ink, I watercolored the watercolor paper with ink and water using a water brush. I stamped some ink on my glass media mat and used the water in my water brush to color the paper. I then added some white splatter.
- I then cut out the heart using one of the hearts from the Hearts of Love Shaker dies and 110lb Neenah cardstock three times and glued them on top of each other to add dimension. I then added some Glossy Accents to make the heart shiny.
- I then cut out the sentiment strip using the Kat Scrappiness Sentiment Strip dies and heat embossed the Happy Valentine’s Day from the Quokka Valentines Stamp Set with white embossing powder after I inked the sentiment strip with some Distress Ink.
- I then glued the white heart onto the card panel using Bearly Art Glue and then glued the sentiment on top of the white heart.
- After adding some Frosted Grape Pearl Mix embellishments, I glued the card panel onto a card base.
I like non-traditional colors for a Valentine’s Day card and I like how this one turned out. I LOVE this color combo so much! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!
Here is what I used for this card:
|Stitched Hearts Coverplate Die by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Hearts of Love Shaker Card Dies by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Valentine Quokka Stamp Set by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Frosted Grape Pearl Mix by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Ranger Glossy Accents .5oz – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Ranger Glossy Accents 2oz – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue – THE ORIGINAL – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|