Before we get started I wanted to share that Kat Scrappiness is having a WCMD SALE + FB GIVEAWAY! Get 15 % OFF Sitewide with Coupon Code: WCMD2021
Click HERE to shop!
Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see Giveaway Details!
I had a lot of fun creating this card! I’m trying to get out of my comfort zone and do more ink blending and I loved how my background panel turned out! Isn’t the Kat Scrappiness Distressed Edge Rectangle perfect for a Halloween card?!
Steps to Create Card:
- Cut Black A2 Top Folding Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″). For the inside I cut a White panel measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″ along with a black spiderweb from the Creepy Crawly die set.
- Cut White panel using the larges die in the Distressed Edge Rectangle set.
- The background panel was ink lended with a combination of Distress Oxide inks – Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin and Black soot. Blend to the desired night sky. For added texture I did spray water using my Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer. Let Dry.
- Cut out in a black Happy Halloween w/Shadow die (do not need shadow). Two black trees, 3 black bats and a gray tomb stone from the Crafter’s Essential Halloween dies. I also cut a black strip at the bottom of my card to ground my scene.
- Stamp two Dress Up Quokkas and choose two costumes from the Halloween Costume Add-On stamp set. Color with your favorite coloring medium. I used alcohol friendly ink and colored with copic markers.
- Assemble Card. I used foam tape on some of my images to add dimension.
You can see a peek inside where I lined it with a panel of white card stock and used the web.
Now it’s time for the WCMD GIVEAWAY!!
Click HERE to enter for a chance to WIN $50 GC over on Rafflecopter!!