Hello everyone!! Nora here on the blog today with a fun way to use your 5×7 Foliage Frame Die-turn it into Mistletoe!!! When I get a new die, I always look at it and try to come up with different ways to use it on my cards.
When I received the 5×7 Foliage Frame die, I knew that I wanted to use it create a “Mistletoe” card. Here is how I created my holiday card:
- I die cut a piece of Neenah White Cardstock with the 5×7 Foliage Frame Die. I then used markers to shade in the entire frame.
- I then die cut my frame using the 5×7 Never Ending Rectangles Dies. Since I am sending this through the mail, I didn’t want to make it a shaker card so I used a piece of the Ugly Sweater Slimline Paper and adhered it to the back of the frame.
- I adhered the frame and paper over a 5×7 red, card base.
- I looked at photos on how the berries were clustered on Mistletoe so I used Kat Scrappiness Marshmallow Pearl Mix to mimic them.
- Next, I used the Happy Holidays Word Dies w/Shadow to die cut the shadow out of red cardstock and the sentiment twice from green cardstock.
- I adhered the red shadow onto my card front, in the middle of the frame.
- Using Bearly Art Glue, adhered the two green sentiments together. I then glued it over the red shadow.
- I used Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Markers the top of the sentiment and added some Glossy Accents over the top.
- To finish off the card, I used a green sequin from the Glistening Tinsel Sequin Mix for the tittle above the “i” in holiday.
I had so much fun making this card and I encourage you to look at your dies in new ways. Below are the supplies I used from the Kat Scrappiness Store:
- Kat Scrappiness Happy Holidays Word Dies w/Shadow
- Kat Scrappiness 5×7 Foliage Frame
- Kat Scrappiness 5×7 Never Ending Rectangle Dies
- Kat Scrappiness Ugly Sweater Slimline Paper
- Kat Scrappiness Marshmallow Pearl Mix
- Kat Scrappiness Glistening Tinsel Sequin Mix
- Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Markers
- Glossy Accents
- Bearly Art Glue
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
I want to thank you for taking time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!