Hello crafty friends!! It’s Saturday!! Sammi here to show you a beautiful winter scene showcasing the Kat Scrappiness Crafters Essentials Winter Dies and the new 5×7 Diamond Wire & Wood die! I love shaker cards and I love the winter scene the Winter dies provide! Today’s card is very easy to make and here is how you can make this card!
- Cut out a piece of 110lb white card stock with the 5×7 Diamond Wire & Wood die. I use 110lb so it is sturdy since it will be a shaker card. I then took some silver ink/wax and lightly swept some silver in random places to add some pizazz.
- Cut out a piece of white card stock 5×7 and ink blend a blue background. I used Distress Inks for my background, and then I added some white splatter for a snowy effect. You can use Picket Fence Distress paint or any acrylic paint watered down a little.
- Using the Winter dies, cut out the trees with some silver metallic card stock, and some black metallic card stock. Then cut the deer out in the same black metallic card stock. Cut out the snow banks with white pearl or metallic card stock.
- Glue a piece of 5×7 acetate on the back side of the 5×7 Diamond Wire & Wood piece and then add some foam tape around the edges of the frame.
- Add the shaker pieces, which I used a combination of Winter Sky Sprinkles and Black Tie Affair Sprinkles. After the shaker pieces are on the blue sky card stock, place the Diamond Wire & Wood piece with the foam tape on top of the blue sky card piece sealing in the shaker pieces.
- Using Bearly Art glue, glue the black trees on the lower left corner of the card panel, then glue the silver trees a little to the right of the black trees to give a staggered look. Then glue the deer onto the card panel.
- For the sentiment, I used the Baby It’s Cold Outside from the Merry Critters stamp set and stamped it with Memento ink, then I cut it out with the new Boxed Sentiment Strips. I then glued it onto the upper right corner of the card panel.
- I then glued the card panel onto a 5×7 white card base made with 110lb card stock.
- The final touch is that I added some Silver Pearl Mix embellishments around the sentiment and the trees.
This was such a fun card to make!! I hope you enjoy this project as much as I do. I LOVE the Crafters Essential Winter dies to much! They are perfect to make beautiful winter scenes!
Here is list of the products I used for this project:
|Wood Grain Framed Diamond Wire Die by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Crafters Essentials WINTER Dies by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|“Merry Critters” Stamp Set by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Winter Sky Sprinkles by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Black Tie Affair Sprinkles by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Silver Pearl Mix by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Boxed Sentiment Strips Dies by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|
|Silvery Shimmer Pigment Ink Pad by Delicata – Kat Scrappiness, Inc|