Hello friends, Martha Lucia here!
As I promised you a few days ago, I have more cards to share with you using the new Zig Zag Die Cuts. Let the fun start:
To make this card I used the new Zig Zag Rectangle Dies from Kat Scrappiness and I want to share the entire process with you:
- Cut all the rectangles using different colors of card stock but cut them centered on a regular layer of card stock (4-1/4″x 5-1/2″). If you want you can use different tones of the same lane of colors or simply different colors. Keep all the negative pieces.
- Paste centered all the zig zag rectangles starting from large to small.
- Create the card base. It could be horizontal or vertical. My sample is a vertical card.
- Arrange the entire piece created with the zig zag rectangles on top of the card base leaving on of the sides off.
- Paste the zig zag rectangles and cut the excess with the paper trimmer.
- Arrange the excess over the free areas of the card base and repeat the process.
- Personalize and finalize your decoration.
On my first card, I suggested to cut all the zig zag rectangles centered on the layers and keep all the negative parts. With these negative parts you can create a second card. I decided to make a shaker card. Let me share it with you:
To create this card, I only used three negative frames obtained with my first cuts. This time I arranged them in opposite side, small to large, to create a window on the center.
- Centered and Paste the three frames. Don’t worry if you have excess on the side borders. The most important border is the large frame. Then you can cut all the excess.
- Paste a transparency sheet to cover the centered window.
- Turn around the card and add some Sprinkles and/or Confections over the transparency and cover it with a second sheet of transparency.
- Create a card base.
- Paste a decorate layer to see through the window.
- If it is necessary, resize the negative layers created with the zig zag rectangles.
- Add some pieces of double sided foam tape to the entire shaker piece and paste over the card base.
- Finalize and personalize your decoration. To my sample, I just added some splatters of Dandelion Fireworks.
To decorate my shaker card I used the XL Butterfly Die from Gina Marie Designs and the new Cupcake Sprinkles. I also added a stamped sentiment from the Spring Stroll stamp set that I cut using one of the Stitched Sentiments Strips.
You can buy these Zig Zag Rectangles or any other product with the 10%OFF using the code Martha10 on Kat Scrappiness Store. I am sure that you will always find something that you will like and you will use in your creations.
Thank you for stopping by and happy shopping!