Happy Friday Everyone! Priscilla here from Nubble Light Designs. Today I am sharing yet another 5 x 7 card. I think I’ve become obsessed with these larger cards!!! Today’s card features a snowy holiday feel and showcases a beautiful 5 x 7 foliage frame. And for an unexpected addition to the color scheme, I strategically turned up the leaves of this frame just a tad to reveal an underlying bright red pop of color.
I used the newly released Kat Scrappiness 5 x 7 Foliage Frame Die, along with the new “Happy Holidays” Word Die with Shadow. Note that this 5 x 7 Foliage Frame Die is also available in A2 and Slimline sizes.
- Created an A7 white card base (10″ x 7″, scored at 5″) to make a side folding 5 x 7 card.
- Adhered a layer of bright red cardstock onto the 5 x 7 card base.
- Die cut the Foliage Frame and sponged 3 Distress Oxide inks to color it: “Evergreen Bough,” “Chipped Sapphire,” and “Black Soot.”
- Sprinkled white acrylic paint over the whole die cut to create the feel of snow.
- Adhered the finished Foliage Frame over the red cardstock layer and popped up the leaves just slightly to reveal a hint of the red below.
- Die cut “Happy Holidays” from the same red cardstock and layered it 3 times for added dimension.
- Used a white gel pen to add a touch of “snow” on the tops of the letters before adhering the sentiment to a vellum die cut shadow.
- Adhered the sentiment/shadow to the center of the card.
- Dotted the “i” in “Holidays” with a white Chilly Willy Sprinkle and sprinkled some more around the card front for a finishing touch.
Stay Safe . . .