Hello my friends!! Nora here from A Creative Touch with a last minute holiday card using a die as a stencil.
I was watching the Christmas movie “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” and I had an idea for a card. I wanted to make a grouping of trees, outdoors, with one of them all decorated. The tree from the Quokka Christmas Costume Add Ons was going to be center stage.
- Using the Kat Scrappiness Crafters Essential WINTER Dies and white cardstock, die cut a background panel using the large snowflake die and one of the hills.
- Next, use the same background die and keep it over the die cut panel you cut. Use Salvaged Patina Distress Ink and a Kat Scrappiness Mini Blending Brush to stencil the snowflakes from the die onto the white card panel.
- Adhere the background and the hill to an A2 piece of white cardstock
- Die cut the trio of trees from green cardstock using Crafters Essentials WINTER Dies. Adhere the trees to the card front on the right.
- Stamp the tree from the Quokka Christmas Costume Add Ons stamps onto white cardstock. Color in using Copic Markers. Die cut with the coordinating die. To give this tree some dimension, adhere it to the card front using foam adhesive. Decorate the tree using the Kat Scrappiness Christmas Funfetti Sprinkle Mix. This mix has some really fun clay images to use as tiny ornaments.
- Cut out a sentiment from black paper using the Happy Holidays Word Die w/Shadow. Adhere “Happy Holidays” to the card front. Cover the front of the word with a clear sparkle marker and Glossy Accents.
- Decorate the card front using some snowflakes from the Christmas Fun Fetti Sprinkle Mix, glue and glitter to create a “snow” effect.
I want to thank you for stopping by. Don’t forget to check out what is new in the Kat Scrappiness Shop. There is a Slimline sale going on until December 24th!!!
Have a FABULOUS day!!!
The supplies I used are listed and linked below. These are affiliate links to use at no extra cost to you. Thank you!!
- Kat Scrappiness Quokka Christmas Costume Add Ons
- Kat Scrappiness Crafters Essential WINTER Dies
- Kat Scrappiness Mini Blending Brushes
- Kat Scrappiness Happy Holidays Word Die w/Shadow
- Kat Scrappiness Christmas Funfetti Sprinkle Mix
- Kat Scrappiness Quokka Christmas Costume Add Ons Coordinating Dies
- Salvaged Patina Distress Ink
- Neenah White Cardstock
- Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Markers
- Scrappers Adhesive 3D Self Adhesive Foam Squares
- Glossy Accents
- Connect Glue from Gina K Designs