Happy Monday crafty friends! Sammi here and I want to show you how to make a easy shaker gift card holder using the Kat Scrappiness Shaker Dimension Sets! I love the idea of making a fun gift card holder and the shaker card kits are perfect from Kat Scrappiness. There are so many sets to choose from and they are only $2.99 each!
Before I begin, I want to remind everyone that Kat Scrappiness is having a sale on all Slimline items until December 24th! You can save 15%!
To make this shaker gift card holder, here is what I did:
- I painted the chipboard portion of the shaker kit with acrylic paint and let it dry. After it dried, I added some sparkle by using a glitter brush, such as Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens.
- I then cut a piece of Cozy Chistmas Slimline paper for the backing of my shaker window and glued the foam portion of the kit onto the paper back.
- I then added the shaker mix, which I used a combination of Holiday Bliss and By The Sea sequin mixes.
- I then glued the acetate that comes in the kit onto the chipboard portion and then glued it onto the foam piece to seal in the shaker mix.
- I then cut a piece of red card stock the size of the back of the shaker piece, allow 1/2″ extra on both sides so I could make a hinge for the gift card holder. I then scored the hinge at 1/2″ from each side and folded it inward. Using a cirle die, I cut a half circle on the top to make it easy to grab the gift card once inserted. I then used a corner rounder to round the edges and then glued it onto the back of the of the shaker piece. You need to make sure to let the glue set before using the pocket to allow it to seal completely.
- I then cut a piece of Cozy Christmas Slimline paper a little smaller than the red cardstock and used the circle die to add another half circle to align with the red cardstock piece. I then used a corner rounder to round the edges and then glued it onto the red cardstock.
- I then added the Merry Christmas from the Merry Critters stamp set by embossing it with Wow! White embossing powder after treating the red cardstock with anti-static powder using the new KS Telescopic Embossing Tool and cutting it down to size and glued it onto the front of the shaker piece.
I love how this turned out! There are so many sets to choose from and you can do this with any occasion such as Christmas, birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s and Father’s Day. There are so many types of kits to choose from! I hope you will give it a go! I will list the links to several kits you can choose from!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year! I will see you all in 2022!!
Here is the list of items to make a Shaker Gift Card Holder:
Candy Shaker Card Kit by Kat Scrappiness – 089
Never Ending Circle Dies by Kat Scrappiness – Kat Scrappiness, Inc