Hi All, my name is Jo and I am super excited to be joining Kat Scrappiness as a Guest designer this month.
My style is always evolving as I get too tempted with current trends and new products.
From the early years of plenty of colour and bold embellishments, my style has changed and developed over the years with me and I now believe I am more about embracing white space and bringing the card to life with small pops of colour.
I have made some some fun cards that I will show case with lots of Kat Scrapiness goodies over the the next couple of weeks.
For today’s card I have use the adorable “Lola the Giraffe” stampset AND the very exciting new Crafters Essentials 2 die set.
Here is how I made my card –
- Ink blend with Distress Inks Ripe Persimmon, Abandoned Coral and Mustard Seeds on white cardstock then die cut with the largest background die, banner and chevrons.
- Die cut with white cardstock with the largest die. I love the stitching detail around the edges that also die cuts out chevrons on the right hand side. I have adhered this down with tombow mono liquid on the white top folding card base.
- I have used foam tape that I have cut up in small pieces to fit inside each chevron then I placed the ink blended die cuts of each chevron on the foam.
- I have stamped Lola the Giraffe with Versafine Onyx Black ink on white watercolour cardstock and coloured in with Derwent Watercolouring pencils. I then fussy cut out the giraffe and foam mounted on the banner die. I added some last minute detail to Lola with a white sharpie adding freckles on her check and highlighting the ears and feet.
- I stamped the sentiment with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide Ink on a the thin strip of banner die cut then adhered down on the card panel.
- To finish the card off I added some confetti sequins.
To watch me make this card I have created a you tube of my process.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card tutorial. Don’t forget to check back in for another fun blog post. I’d love for you to visit me and stay in touch.
You Tube Channel: https://goo.gl/BUh9Kd
Thanks Kat Scrappiness for asking for having me along for asking me to Guest Design this month.