Hello everyone! Juhi here with my very first post on the Kat Scrappiness blog. Today I’ll be sharing how I made this super fun Halloween shaker card.Halloween is not traditionally celebrated in my side of the world, but it has started gaining popularity in the last couple of years. Which is why I do not have any Halloween themed supplies and this is my very first Halloween card ever! I had an absolute blast making it!
Here’s how I made it –
1. I first die cut a rectangular panel with the largest die from Kat Scrappiness Stitched Rectangle Die in orange patterned paper. I then cut out a smaller rectangle from purple patterned paper, following which I die cut the jar shape in the center of this panel. The links to all products used from the Kat Scrappiness Store are listed at the bottom of this post.
2. Next I turned the jar die cut panel over and stuck a piece of clear acetate big enough to cover the jar.
3. Then I sealed off the edges of the jar with 2 layers of double sided foam tape.
4. I stuck 2 spiderweb sequins to make a semi circular spiderweb towards the top of a piece of orange patterned paper big enough to cover the jar.
5. Flipped the paper, held it against light and traced the spider web on the other side, this will act as a guide when I stick this paper to cover up the shaker area.
6. Poured an entire pack of Kat Scrappiness Fright Night Sequin mix, it has the cutest mix of ghosts, bats and orange, black and green sequins.
7. Covered up the shaker area with the orange patterned paper from step 5.
8 Finished off the card by sticking the shaker panel onto the big orange rectangle and sticking this on black card stock base. I also added a spiderweb sequin on the top right corner and the sentiment which I cut on my Silhouette Cameo.
Here’s a closer look at the card.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my project!