Hi everyone. Today I’m showcasing the Toil & Trouble stamp and die set from Kat Scrappiness. I’ve created two Halloween cards using the layered cat and skull from this set. I usually liking make cute Halloween cards, so using “creepy” images was a change for me. I love the way these two cards turned out, and they are too creepy!!
For my first card, I stamped the cat with three shades of gray ink and then used black versafine ink for the eyes on white card stock. I die cut it out with the coordinating cat die. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a Kat Scrappiness stitched flag die. I found some great striped black, orange, silver, and white paper in my stash for the backdrop for my card. I used the double stitched circle dies from Kat Scrappiness to cut a stitched circle out of orange card stock. I adhered the cat to the circle with foam tape and added some black jewels below the cat. I also used foam adhesive for the stitched banner die and added two orange jewels.
For my second card, I stamped the skull using the same three shades of gray ink on some light gray card stock. I then used the coordinating die to cut each of them out. I adhered them to my card with foam tape. I die cut the word boo four times using the condensed lowercase alphabet dies from Kat Scrappiness out of black card stock. I glued the four together to give it some dimension. I stamped the happy halloween sentiment also from the Toil & Trouble stamp set with versafine black ink on gray card stock and adhered that on top of the boo letters.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!
– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– –
Use code caren10 for a 10% discount in the Kat Scrappiness shop.
– – – SUPPLIES for today’s project– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- Toil & Trouble stamp and die set by Kat Scrappiness
- Stitched Flag dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Black Jewels by Kat Scrappiness
- Orange Jewels by Kat Scrappiness
- Condensed Lowercase Alphabet dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Double Stitched Circle dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Nuvo Deluxe adhesive
- Scrapbook Adhesive Foam squares
- Silver Embossing Powder
- Versamark ink
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink