We are still celebrating Christmas in July here at Kat Scrappiness. It has really put me in the mood to make Christmas cards, they are my favorite!
I tend to use fun/bright colors on my cards, so it was good to get out of my comfort zone and use brown/gold tones for this card. I absolutely love the way it turned out.
I found a piece of light brown patterned paper with gold snowflakes on it from my stash. I used the double stitched rectangle dies to cut out a panel from the patterned paper. I then used the double stitched circle dies to cut a circle from this piece. As you can see, the double stitched circle die left stitches on the outside of the circle.
I used the VersaMark watermark pen with a ruler to draw a line from the top of the circle to the edge of the paper. I covered the line with gold embossing powder and heat set it. I also heat embossed the sentiment Merry Christmas from the Merry Critters stamp set onto a Stitched Fishtail banner die cut from kraft card stock.
I backed the circle opening with clear acetate and attached gold glitter paper to my kraft card base. I added Golden Anniversary sequins to create the shaker part of the card and attached it to the card base using dimensional adhesive. I die cut the bow from Lawn Fawn’s Mini Picture Frame dies in gold glitter paper and attached it to the top of the circle to create the ornament.
To finish the card, I added the sentiment banner with dimensional adhesive.
– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– –
Check out this great sale – use code JULYXMAS to get 20% off all Christmas products. Also, you will receive tickets for a giveaway in August.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!
– – – SUPPLIES for today’s project– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- Double Stitched Rectangle dies from Kat Scrappiness
- Double Stitched Circle dies from Kat Scrappiness
- Stitched Fishtail Banner dies from Kat Scrappiness
- Merry Critters stamp set from Kat Scrappiness
- Golden Anniversary sequin mix from Kat Scrappiness
- Mini Picture Frame dies from Lawn Fawn
- VersaMark Watermark Pen
- Gold Embossing powder