Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here today. By now you have seen the new stamp release for March! Today I am showcasing Rock Candy Stamps. Rock Candy is a build it stamp to help you create a realistic Rock Candy. I did search for Rock Candy to see the colors they come in and below is an inspiration photo which inspired my card. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 – Cut White Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Trim White Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Apply Distress Oxide using an ink applicator. I used Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron & Salty Ocean. Spray water to oxidize the inks and create splatters. Let dry. Adhere to the front of card using clear double sided tape. See below photo for finished panel.
- Step 3 – Stamp Rock Candy on White Cardstock using an ink of your choice. Remember to use a light color for the base and as you build it to go slightly darker for each layer. For the last layer I inked using an Embossing Ink Pad and sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder Sparkle. Using a heat tool I melted the powder. This will give an illusion of shiny candy. If you don’t have Clear Embossing Powder Sparkle then you can stamp the last layer in the darkest shade and then use Crystal Nuvo Drops Morning Dew to add shine. I used neon colors for my Rock Candy in Neon Green, Blue and Pink. The stick top layer is Embossed in Gold Embossing Powder.
- Step 4 – Diecut Stitched Postage Stamp Edge Rectangle using the Rock Candy panel. I used the middle size. Adhere to the card using clear double sided tape.
- Step 5 – On a scrap piece of White Cardstock apply Distress Oxide Salty Ocean using an ink applicator. Use a heat tool to dry. Use the Embossing Magic Pad. This will prevent embossing powder to cling in other places. Stamp sentiment using Embossing Ink Pad. Sprinkle White Embossing Powder and heat set with a heat tool. Trim and adhere to card using pop ups.
- Step 6 – Adhere Trix Mix II Sequins randomly to card front. I used the Double Ended Jewel Picker to place the sequins on a drop of Multi Medium Matte Glue.
This card is super fun for Children and can be used for any occasion by changing the colors and sentiment.
Below is a link to all products used for this card. If you would like to receive 10% off your order use coupon code Tina10. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
Kat Scrappiness Products Used