Hi everyone, Cheryl here with my first blog post since joining the KatScrappiness Design Team. I’m thrilled to be here!
So, on to my first post.
I used the stamp set by Mudra called Gerbera Blooms. I used Distress Inks to stamp. I first stamped the bottom layer in the lighter color. Then, using a darker shade, I stamped the detailed top layer, misted with 2-3 spritz of water and stamped. I gives a nice watercolored look. I did that for all the flowers and leaves. Then I fussy cut them out.
I used a KatScrappiness rope oval die to cut a window into the woodgrain textured cardstock. I then used the same die and the next one smaller to cut a gold frame. I put it into the window and secured on the backside with tape. I laid out the elements to get a look I liked and using foam tape or liquid glue, I attached them into place. I then mounted that entire piece to the card base.
To create the sentiment, I stamped it, used my scanner and saved it to my computer. Then, using my Silhouette software, I traced it and created an offset. I cut several. I’ll save some for another time. Then I used my Stampholic stamping tool and stamped the sentiment onto one of the die cuts. I used a few more, gluing them on top of each other to add some thickness to the cut. I then put it where I wanted it on the card front and used liquid glue to adhere. I picked out some tiny bright colored KS sequins and added a few around the card.
I hope you enjoyed my card for today. Here’s where you can get the supplies I used.
Thanks for coming by ~ Happy Crafting!