Happy Wednesday Everyone! Priscilla here from the Kat Scrappiness Design Team. Today’s card is a slimline Valentine, perfect to give to a male friend in your life. Its bold blue, black, and gold tones give off a masculine vibe versus pink hearts and lacy frills.
I used the just-released Kat Scrappiness Intertwined Hearts Die to make today’s card.
The Intertwined Hearts Die measures 8″ X 3 1/4″ and fits perfectly on a slimline card! The design features stitched hearts that are intertwined and an outline die of the intertwined hearts shape. This die can make a fun shaker card or use it with colored or specialty cardstock to highlight the layers!
- Created a slimline top-folding card base using heavy white cardstock. The base measured 7″ (scored at 3.5″) x 8.5″.
- Cut a piece of navy blue cardstock to the same size and “streaked” it with a dark blue ink pad for added texture.
- Used the Intertwined Hearts Die to die cut both a piece of black cardstock and gold cardstock.
- Adhered the gold hearts frame to the front of the card and paper pieced in the black hearts.
- Gold heat embossed the sentiment “You Mean So Much To Me” from the Kat Scrappiness Friendship Greetingsstamp on to a black cardstock strip and then foamed mounted it on a strip of navy cardstock before adhering it over the heart design.
- Ran one of the Hearts Of Love Shaker Card Dies through my Big Shot using gold cardstock and adhered some of the smaller heart cutouts for a finishing touch around the card.
Stay Safe . . .