Hello Everyone! Sheri here with a Father’s Day Mini Slimline card. Can you believe that it’s June and Father’s Day is this only a few weeks away?!? Well I have a masculine card that can be easily adapted to any occasion…Birthday, Congratulations, Retirement, etc.
To get started I pulled out the Newton’s Nook Argyle stencil set, Peacock Distress Oxide & Delicata Golden Glitz inks and Kat Scrappiness Never Ending mini slimline die set.
Steps to Create Card:
- Cut White Slimline Card Base: 6″ x 3 1/2″ (6″ x 7″, scored at 3 1/2″)
- Cut Navy Panel: 6″ x 3 1/2″
- Cut Gold Mat: 5 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Cut Navy Panel: 5 5/8″ x 3 1/8″ (used largest die in Never Ending Mini Slimline die set)
- Die cut Happy Father’s Day from the Happy Father’s Day with Shadow die three times in Gold card stock. You will stack & glue them together to create dimensional word.
- Take Navy panel along and the Newton’s Nook Argyle Stencil with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers and Delicata Golden Glitz Ink with Mini ink blending tools (recommend over brushes for this application). You will take stencil #1 add place over panel and apply Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers ink in a pouncing motion (NOT your normal circle motion to keep ink from moving outside of stencil). Next take stencil #2 and apply the Delicata Golden Glitz ink again in a pouncing motion and NOT a circular motion. The inks may need dry time between application and heat setting is highly recommended.
- Assemble Card.
- For embellishment I added Gold pearls in each corner from the NEW Gold Pearl Mix.
Here’s a list of the supplies I used from the store.