- Hello crafty friends!! I hope that everybody enjoyed and had a fabulous Mother’s Day! I am up on the Kat Scrappiness blog today and wanted to share two cards that I had created for Mother’s Day using some amazing Kat Scrappiness products, including one of our newest dies just released this month, the Stitched Flags Dies. What an amazing and versatile die set this is. The Stitched Flag die set comes complete with seven flag dies all in different sizes, allowing endless possibilities for all of your crafting needs.
To begin, I die cut several flags using four different sized flag dies from the newly released Stitched Flag Die Set by Kat Scrappiness. I also die cut the words, “Mom” and “Aunt” using the Uppercase Condensed Alphabet Dies by Kat Scrappiness.
To make the process of adding each flag to my card, I ran each one through my Xyron sticker maker to ensure that the back side of each flag was completely covered with adhesive.
Next I began to adhere the flags in a pattern. I started off by placing the first flag in the center of the card and continued adding the remaining flags, from the center outwards towards the end of the card, making sure that the edge of each flag was inline with the top crease of the card and the tails of each flag met slightly.
I then started placing the next layer of flags over the first layer, overlapping in them so that you could still see some of the pattern on the flags. These flags ended up overlapping the edges of my card. I used scissors to cut off the excess.
I continued in this manner, placing the flags over the previous layers going from largest to smallest.
Once my flags were completely adhered, I added the words, “Mom and “Aunt” to each card. To finish off each card, I added some of the 3mm Peach Solid Heart Confetti from Kat Scrappiness to each. I put a single heart on each of the smallest green flags and also added some to a few of the letters just to bring it all together.
And that now completes my Mother’s Day cards. I hope that you enjoyed this quick Mother’s Day card tutorial. You can find a list of all the materials used in these projects down below. Most supplies used may be purchased at the Kat Scrappiness Shop and you can receive a 10% discount at check out by using the Code: Jana10
Thank you for visiting and have a fabulously crafty day!!!
Supplies and Materials Used:
- 110lb. ReCollections Cream Cardstock (Card Base)
- Patterned Paper: DCWV Copper Luxury Stack
- Stitched Flags Die Set by Kat Scrappiness
- Uppercase Condensed Alphabet Dies by Kat Scrappiness
- Xyron Sticker Maker
- 3mm Peach Solid Heart Confetti by Kat Scrappiness
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte